I decided to resume blogging after taking a 6-month leave of absence! I am excited to be back into blogging again and have lots of posts I want to write. You may be asking what I have been up to the past few months. One word: BABY! Our baby boy, Cason, was born in March and he is such a blessing to me and Pete. We have been getting the hang of life with an infant and are enjoying each day. It is hard to believe Cason will be 4 months in a few days! Here is one picture of Cason for your viewing pleasure. I will do one post all about Cason later. As if you couldn’t tell, this baby brings a smile to our face every day from the moment he wakes up in the morning.
So a few things that are going on with life right now.
- I started back to work part-time about a month ago and so far it is going really well. It is very busy and I am writing lots of proposals, which is always a good thing.
- Cason started day-care last week. So far so good. The little ladies that watch over the babies are all very sweet and Cason seems to be adjusting just fine. I will admit it is nice to have some hours to work, run errands, and get other stuff done without having to worry about Cason.
- I am starting yoga classes tomorrow. 🙂 I have been to a few classes over the years, but this time I want to stick with it. I had looked up the yoga studio that is 3 blocks from our house on Sunday. I was muddling over the pricing and was hesitant to get started. On Monday I saw on Facebook a link to a Yoga special on Tennessee Valley Deals website. 5 yoga classes for $20 – SIGN ME UP! Woo Hoo. That is one of life’s little signs that says “Yes, You should do this!”
- I walked 3 miles tonight. 12 laps around the track in 1 hour and 12 minutes while pushing Cason in the stroller. My pace may have been slower, but at least I started. More walking tomorrow, I might even jog!
- I am thinking about participating in the Susan G. Komen 3-day walk in October. Some of my co-workers have formed a team and have asked me to join. 60 miles over 3 days is a lot and only 16 weeks to train for it. Hmmmm, undecided for now on this one, but will think about it some more. That is a lot of walking!
- I heard a quote tonight that I really liked from LaRhonda on Extreme Makeover – Weight Loss Edition TV show. This show is my Biggest Loser substitute for the summer. LaRhonda looked amazing after her one year transformation! You go girl!
“I don’t want to be destination happy. I want to be journey happy.”
Ok, so enough writing for my first post back. More to come soon, maybe even tomorrow. 🙂