Today I am linking up to 320 Sycamore blog’s Favorite Things Party! Melissa is featuring the party so that bloggers like me can post to our blogs our favorite things and share with other bloggers and readers. Thanks, Melissa, for hosting the party!
For 2010, here are my Top 10 Favorite Things (not in any particular order):
1. Habitat Re-Store – I shop here weekly and always find good deals. I only wish they had a frequent shopper loyalty card or something! LOL! If you have not checked out your local Habitat Re-Store, you are missing out! Go! Now!
2. Canvas Print from Canvas People – I ordered an 18″ x 24″ canvas print when they were running a special for $50 off your order and I L-O-V-E it! I have not figured out where to hang it up yet so for now it is sitting on top of my printer so I can look at it during the day while I work. If you have ever thought about ordering a canvas print, definitely check Canvas People out. Great value for a treasured keepsake. Also great for gifts for others! Here is the print I ordered.
3. L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara – I have worn this mascara since I was 16 years old and will always be brand loyal to this product. I like the Carbon Black color with the curved brush and prefer the non-waterproof version. It stays on great, provides great definition, and wonderful length. I always get compliments on my eyelashes and I owe a large portion of it to this great product. I buy mine when they have two-for-one specials at CVS or Walgreen’s and usually stockpile it at that time.
4. Neutrogena Illuminating Whip Moisturizer – I found this moisturizer by mistake and ended up loving it. The only bad side is that Neutrogena is no longer making it! 😦 I have found a few sellers of it on eBay and have 10 stockpiled. I was able to get a discount since I ordered a larger volume. I don’t know what I will do when I run out and can’t find anymore sellers. This moisturizer is great for my Sahara-desert dry skin and does not leave my skin oily. It is light and leaves your skin with a bit of a shimmer/glow to it. And added bonus – it has 20 SPF protection.
5. Folger’s Black Silk Coffee – I love a dark roast cup of coffee and Folger’s Black Silk hits the mark and it is very affordable. It has a smooth flavor and wonderful aroma. I can usually find a coupon online or in the Sunday paper for it. If you like dark coffee, but hate to pay for expensive beans, give Black Silk a try. 🙂
6. Organizational Bins – I love all things organization and Dollar Tree is one place that never fails to offer great organizational bins, baskets, and buckets. My most recent purchase was some cute green bins that I used to reorganize my medicine closet. You can read about that organizational project here. They worked great. At $1 a bin you can’t beat the price.
7. The Internet – The Internet is definitely one of my favorite things and something most of us probably take for granted. The Internet is my link to work for starters. I work from home which requires me to be online everyday Monday – Friday…without the internet I would not have this privilege. Second, I love to email and keep in touch with my friends/family and share jokes, etc. Along the same line of keeping in touch with people is Facebook. Facebook is a great tool and thanks to the internet we have this available to us. Lastly, I would not be able to write my blog nor read all the wonderful blogs that I follow if it weren’t for the internet.
8. Sum and Substance Hostsas – I love this shade-dwelling hosta. It has a bright vibrant green color and they can grow HUGE with enough water and shade. I was introduced to this variety of hosta earlier this year and planted a few in my yard. I cannot wait to see how they grow in the spring. The photo below is not from my yard, but I certainly hope mine end up looking like these!
9. Getting Married – My wedding was earlier this year on May 8th and it was a beautiful event, but not as beautiful as my marriage to Pete. We are a great team and I know without a doubt he is the one for me. 🙂 Pete and I both waited a long time to get married and finally found one another and it was definitely worth the wait!
10. Being Pregnant – I found out on July 1st that I was expecting and it has been a wonderful experience. I have not had any major problems, no morning sickness, not too fatigued, no crazy cravings, and have not gained a huge amount of weight (yet!). I love the feeling of Peanut in my growing belly and aside from getting married, being pregnant this year is my favorite part of 2010. We found out in October we are having a boy and we are just thrilled. Peanut will be here sometime around March 5th! 🙂
What are a few of your favorite things?
Inquiring minds want to know!